Author Topic: Plan G trying to open "off screen"  (Read 947 times)

Offline JDLinn

• Pathfinder
    • View Profile
Plan G trying to open "off screen"
« on: April 24, 2015, 12:34:25 AM »
Hi Tim .. in an old thread, you mentioned to use the "clearallsettings" feature. Where is that?  If it is in the options, i can't get to it because Plan G is trying to open off to the "left' of my screen somewhere.  Is there something in the cfg file to change?

Thank you
Doug

Offline spokes2112

• Plan-G Team
  • Explorer
    • View Profile
Re: Plan G trying to open "off screen"
« Reply #1 on: April 24, 2015, 08:48:47 PM »
If I remember correctly the clearsettings.exe was for V2 only. Not included for V3 at all.

For what its worth, I took a look at the user.config ( settings file ) located at "C:\Users\USER NAME\AppData\Local\TA_Software\Plan-G3.exeHASHCODE\VERSION\user.config" and it does  have the entry for the main window location.

Modify just the values in these lines from user.config while Plan-G is closed, save the file then restart Plan-G. These are settings from the last time Plan-G was closed on my machine. Best bet is to change "MainWindowTop" & "MainWindowLeft" to zero. That should do it.

<setting name="MainWindowTop" serializeAs="String">
                <value>0</value>
            </setting>
            <setting name="MainWindowLeft" serializeAs="String">
                <value>-60</value>
            </setting>
            <setting name="MainWindowWidth" serializeAs="String">
                <value>1456</value>
            </setting>
            <setting name="MainWindowHeight" serializeAs="String">
                <value>886</value>
            </setting>
            <setting name="MainWindowState" serializeAs="String">
                <value>Maximized</value>
            </setting>

Hope this helps.
Roman
« Last Edit: April 24, 2015, 09:01:45 PM by spokes2112 »

Offline dempsey

• Navigator
  • Intel i7-960 12GB Win7x64, NVidia GTX570 1GB
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 25, 2015, 12:50:02 AM »
Here is the fix from the master himself: http://www.tasoftware.co.uk/forum/index.php?topic=3085.0
Dempsey

X-Plane 11.05, Plan-G 3.2.0.144

Offline JDLinn

• Pathfinder
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 25, 2015, 04:14:22 PM »
C:\Users\USER NAME\AppData\Local\TA_Software\Plan-G3.exeHASHCODE\VERSION\user.config  doesn't exist for me ... probably the problem. I also tried the second "fix" ... it didn't work either. I'm just going to redownload Plan G and start over. Thank you for the replies.

Doug

Offline spokes2112

• Plan-G Team
  • Explorer
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 25, 2015, 04:16:48 PM »
The items in red (USER NAME, HASH CODE, VERSION) are "variables" and are different for each persons own installation.

Roman

Offline JDLinn

• Pathfinder
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 25, 2015, 06:17:16 PM »
Here is how you solve the problem.  You "open" it, and go down to the "tray" and right click on Plan G there, select "properties" and select open maximized.  It opens maximized, then you "minimize" it and change the size and everything is OK.

Doug

Offline tim arnot

• Administrator
  • Master Navigator
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 26, 2015, 08:16:45 AM »
V2 kept its settings in the registry (it was a popular thing to do for a while, until people realised what a PITA it was) - so it needed a separate program to clear it out if things got mucked up. V3 uses a much simpler config file, but just like with the FSX.cfg, Windows chooses to put it in some obscure place. And it's a different place for everybody and every version, which is why you get the variables in the path name. But it's a text file, so it's easy to change, and if you screw it up, you can just delete it and Plan-G will build a new one. (plus there's one or two easter eggs in there for people that like to fiddle)

Tim. @TimArnot